Saturday 11 January 2020

Jan 9-20 Scott health update


My heart is full of gratitude for undeserved grace. I awoke this morning with a downcast spirit wondering what today would hold, what would the doctor say about my recent treatments, but as I turned my focus to God I was overcome with thankfulness for his provision over the years.
Later this morning I was informed by my doctor that I have experienced a good result, she was very pleased. Now I will enter the quarterly follow up which is standard after treatment.
 Recently I read about how life is learning to steer through battles and blessings. Pastor Rick Warren talks about 2 separate tracks that we need to navigate, one being the track of blessings and the other being the track of trials.  At any given moment in life, there are usually blessings but also battles to face. Rick experienced this during the success of his book “the purpose-driven life”. At the same time though, he endured trial with his wife’s cancer battle. This resonated with me. While health challenges have been a huge part of our lives, God’s blessings have been bigger. The lessons learned and the things we have experienced despite health challenges have truly been a blessing from God. So while it has been very, very hard at times, a significant lesson has been to place our identities in what is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, which is God. Health woes have at times been our identity and that is when we have struggled most. It is such a slippery slope. Keeping our focus on God even when the track is challenging is where we know we need to keep our focus and identity. This is a lesson I seem to have to keep being reminded of. Sometimes I feel like I have repeated grade 1 many times.
There is a story of a person reminiscing about their life and wondering why if God walked with them were there at times only one set of footprints at times. God replied to that person saying the times when there was only one set of footprints were the times when he (God) carried them. I believe that to be my experience over these past several months. He carried me, and also my family. There were only his footprints during that pathway experience of my life.
God is good all the time, all the time God is good.
As the old hymn says…..
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine
O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchase of God
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood
Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blessed
Watching and waiting, looking above
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Death could not hold You, You are victorious
Praise to the risen King
Death could not hold You, You are victorious
Praise to the risen King
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, Wonderful Savior

1 comment:

  1. Amen, may God continue to be the only footprint in our lives.

    ReplyDelete