Saturday 6 July 2019

Scott health July 6, 2019

Here I am on this gorgeous July Saturday Morning listening to the encouraging tunes on Positive Life Radio", recovering from my most recent chemotherapy session. As written in my last blog entry my cancer was slowing creeping back. On May 30th I was informed that I needed treatment. I am so thankful that while the cancer presented much differently this time, it is the same cancer and is contained to my lymph nodes. 
Just the same it is disappointing. Nobody lines up saying pick me to go through cancer and treatment. We had hoped to take a long summer trip with our beautiful teenaged son and daughter. The unknown can also lead to a myriad of questions and what-ifs that when dwelt on for too long can lead down a long slippery slope. Sometimes I find myself going down this slope. There are really only 2 options, ride it to a rocky and painful bottom or grab your saviour's outstretched arm before you slide too far. I am so thankful for my Jesus; for the peace he has given me, for the encouraging words he brings me through others, his word and prayer, for the medical staff he has surrounded me with and for my family and friends. He always goes before us. I am reminded of that in so many ways but here is an example. Last fall we contemplated selling our RV trailer knowing that our camping experience was changing with our oldest child's weekends being consumed with part-time work. We tried selling it in the fall. No real offers. Tried again in January and it was quickly sold to a nice family at a fair price. God does go before us and knows our needs. Perhaps that example seems trivial, but it is one thing less to worry about this summer and we praise him for it.

Here is a sample of scripture that ministered to me yesterday

Galatians 2:20
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

As I wrote this the song playing in the background was
through the valley of the shadow, I am not alone, you will go before me, you will never leave me .........you bring healing to my soul
By Kari Jobe

As always, appreciate your prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment