Saturday 13 July 2013

Do we face difficulty because we did something wrong?

Recently I came across the following quote from Nicky Gumbel who developed the alpha course.

"Sometimes you may face difficulties in life, not because you are doing something wrong but because you are doing something right."

I have often wondered why some others seem to endure so much and others have wondered aloud to my wife and I why we have experienced what we have.

I easily remember someone telling my wife after she was sick in 2005 that she was paying for her ancestors sins. I don't believe that, but if it were so, boy would I like to take a round out of that ancestor:):).

The bible says:

Proverbs 3:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.
Hebrews 12:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”
 
 Its not always fun to experience trials, sometimes they hurt like the dickens Its hard at times to find joy in them as it says in James and to know that they will produce good things, but its all part of the process of becoming more Christ like.

The Potter's Hand -- Darlene Zschech lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment