Tuesday 16 July 2013

I am not as smart as I thought I was

Many of us journey life and are humbled by it, usually its by the many things that happen during a life time that we just simply have no control over. We may have a say in the outcome, but not in the initial circumstance. For example we don't choose cancer, but we have choices in how we can respond to it.

As I am know in mid life I realise more and more how little I do know. Generally speaking we can all be pretty cocky early in life, but as we age we realise how little we actually know and how dependant on God we are. I have given advice in the past only to realise later in life, I really didn't know what I was talking about. At times I have passed judgement without having experienced the other parties pain.

A good example of this is parenting. Many of us thought we knew better than our parents growing up only to realise that when actually doing it, its a very hard job and that we are doing many of the same things we thought our parents could have done differently.

The bible says

1 Corinthians 8:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know.
 
Fortunately we have a God we can turn to in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment