Tuesday 16 July 2013

Christ like character vs Christ like behaviour

Do I model Christ like character or Christ like behaviour? Is there a difference? Is one genuine and the other not.

Many of us have observed people who model behaviour that is not always consistent. In fact we all likely fit there. However if a persons character is genuine, the behavioural inconsistencies should be minimal. Behaviour follows character.

If I am truly allowing God to change me and work through me, perhaps I will be the smiley church goer who is as genuine and nice at church as I am at home. Perhaps if I am only practising Christ like behaviour and have not allowed true character change in my heart, I will be all show at church and a poor spouse and parent at home, a person unable to truly show Gods love.

True character always surfaces, always!!]


When I read this recently, it really made me ask myself, do I have Christ like character or behaviour?

How are you doing with this? We should have both, but behaviour comes from character.

No comments:

Post a Comment