Tuesday 4 June 2013

June/13 health update (Scott)

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it..........

Over the last few weeks as I thought about what I might write, that song came to mind, but I wondered, would I be able to do that regardless of the news I was told.

On May 21 I had tests to review my abdominal area organs and my lungs, the later which have a nodule that the doctors have been monitoring. This is the kind of monitoring I will need at least annually. Both showed no signs for concern. Phew, happy dance...I can rejoice in the day the Lord has made, but would I have been able to do that with less positive news or can I do that knowing that future less positive days are days that he made too.

Its a reminder to me that I should be rejoicing always, even when its hard and sometimes it is very hard, sometimes rejoicing in the day the Lord has made is furthest from my mind.

How are you doing with that?

Psalm 118:24 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New King James Version (NKJV)
24 This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

4 comments:

  1. Good news, so happy to hear that. And good question you closed with. Hmmm....I need to be reminded. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, YOU are an inspiration to the rest of us. God bless and keep.

    ReplyDelete