Friday 14 June 2013

We are so human, so less than perfect...

As I get older I am struck frequently with the fact that I fall so far short.  In my humanness I don't follow through on my promises, I sometimes get angry, my thoughts are not always God honouring and the list goes on and on.

Sometimes it seems that the harder I try the more I fail.

I can get caught up in the Christian do's and dont's and miss out on the experience of resting in God and letting him work through me, something that achieves far better results than me trying to point and keep my ship in the right direction and doing the right things on my own strength.

Don't get me wrong I believe we are charged to strive towards the prize, to run the race........

Hebrews 12:1
New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
.........but I cannot do it on my own.

Philippians 4:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment