Tuesday 25 June 2013

Do you need a different outlook on life?


For me taking a more holistic approach to my overall well being has been a positive experience. Its been gruelling, but positive. It takes a lot of time and energy to work out and see a therapist as opposed to pop a pill, but I can see the results as I learn to deal with my life in a more appropriate way. For me that has been dealing with depression and anxiety and the mental side affects of chemo.

Perhaps you are out there and are saying, "I am on the pill", and it helps you deal with depression, anxiety etc, I am not discouraging you. I am simply encouraged so far by how phyco therapy and exercise has helped me.

I needed and continue to need to work on my mind set to view things in a different light, something I personally did not learn how to do while on anti depressants. For me they were more of a band aid. I may have to eat my words, but at this point I would encourage those who have and are struggling with antidepressants to give exercise and phyco therapy a try.

"Through My Father's Eyes" - Christian Singer, Holly Starr

Westlife - You Raise Me Up

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Josh Groban & Brian McKnight

Sarah McLachlan & Josh Groban Sing "The Arms of An Angel"



No comments:

Post a Comment