Monday 14 October 2013

walk with me Jesus

Home many times have you gone for a walk and your mind has wondered. How many times have you been a somewhat unwilling walking partner? If you are a man this may be a more typical response.

When I think of God walking with me as I often ask him to do, I wonder how great of a walking partner I am. Sometimes it is like I am strolling along with him and my mind is elsewhere, other times it is like we are strolling along and I wonder off down a side path. This path may look good at first, but then turns into an overgrown weedy mess with branches slapping me in the face. When I look back, I see my walking partner (God) patiently waiting and motioning back to the path we were on. Sometimes he even comes to grab me by the hand and lead me back to "the path."

So how good of a walking partner are you? Are we into it or are we sometimes just going through the motions. Are we walking along side and nodding our head vigorously to appear like we are into it or are we really into walking with God?

Walk With Me (feat. Kim Walker-Smith)

Alan Jackson - In The Garden LIVE

He Walks With Me

No comments:

Post a Comment