Sunday 20 October 2013

do u feel like a cat up a tree

Do you sometimes feel like a cat up a tree with a huge German shepherd dog at the bottom ferociously barking, jumping up and down and licking his chops while not taking his eyes of the prey, "you"?

This is the picture that comes to my mind when I think of Satan vigorously pursuing me. He attacks using weapons of pride, worry, fear, doubt, anger, jealousy, lust, hurt, gossip and so on. I feel like a cat up at tree sometimes clinging to its strong branches, the branches my Jesus holds out for me, safety branches of peace mercy, strength, endurance, grace, love, patience and comfort. When I am in a good spiritual place I jump from branch to branch enjoying the provision of each. When I trust in my own abilities or take my eyes off the branch, I free fall and unlike a cat I don't always land on my feet. I land prone and at the feet of my enemy, that huge barking dog, "Satan". Then I scamper back to Jesus, my safety tree.

How many times do I repeat this process, "many".

Does this sound familiar?

The lord is my shepherd, show Psalm 23 and Keith green song

The Lord is My Shepherd - Keith Green

Psalm 23  (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of David.
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment