Saturday 26 October 2013

be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)

Do I know what it is to be still and know my God, how does one do this? How does one do this in the midst of chaos, in the midst of uncertainty?

As I was laid up with back issues recently, my active mind was well, "active" and thinking about this and that and I was reminded how easy it is for my mind to think of things that are not productive. It could be worry, thinking about work and then the next thing I know I am thinking negatively about people and going down a bad trail.

So how does one be still and know that I am God when it is so easy for the mind to wonder? How does one dwell on things that are productive and God honouring. Its not an easy task and I think it takes a heavy reliance on God, the Holy spirit, and on disciplining the mind to dwell on what is good and pure in order be able to enjoy a peaceful thought life..........in order to be still and know that he is God........in order to truly experience the still and peace only he can provide.

Psalm 46:10 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment