Saturday 12 October 2013

Thanksgiving - what are you specifically thankful for?

Thanksgiving, just what is it all about anyway? Ya, ya, it's a holiday, but is there more to it than that? Is it like Christmas and Easter in that it has lost some of it's meaning to us, that is outside of it being time off.

Is it a time when we stop and think about what in our lives we are thankful for or does it come and go with out it even crossing our mind that we have so much to be thankful for?

As I reflect on my own life I realise that I have much to be thankful for. I can rhyme off the same list that probably many of us in Canada can, which would be family, health, work, food, shelter etc. In fact I can rhyme them of so quickly that you could say I take for granted what I have.

So this thanksgiving I challenge myself and you to stop and think about what you are thankful for, to dig a little deeper and then to share that with someone in a meaningful conversation. Often when I thank my wife for all she does, she asks for more detail, she wants specifics, so what are you specifically thankful for?

We have so much and God has been so gracious.

THANKFUL- Josh Groban

How are we using our abundance for good?

Are we too caught up in ourselves to see the joy around us?

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (http://www.biblegateway.com)

New International Version (NIV)
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment