Sunday 22 September 2013

If you are a fish.......

If you are a fish you were meant to swim, if you are a bird you were meant to fly.

So what's the point, am I doing what God intended me to do. Am I willingly participating in his will and purpose for my life? If I were a fish, I would be equipped to swim. Since I am not, what did he equip me with and how am I using these abilities, talents and spiritual gifts? Am I using them to serve my earthly goals or his heavenly goals.
We are all uniquely gifted for a special purpose that our saviour has in mind. Are we intent on fulfilling it? Are we willing to? Perhaps it will mean carrying a burden with grace, using a skill we would prefer to keep hidden or going where we would rather not go.

Are we willing to swim like a fish if that's how he equipped us or do we need to be swallowed by one and spat out like Jonah before we are willing to fulfil our saviours purpose?

Are we like some fish wanting to swim in the ocean and see all there is to see there, when God actually wants us to swim in some less desirable river and be a witness there?

Have I found my purpose, have you, are we willing to allow God to be our wilderness guide and to guide us to and through the purpose he has for us?

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

No comments:

Post a Comment