Saturday 7 September 2013

whoooo's your daddy


Whoooo's your daddy.........he is that guy that you look up to, perhaps the one who securely held your hand as a child, maybe he took you fishing, out for lunch...........he is that guy that you felt safe with (hopefully). He is a role model, a mentor, a fix it man, he is your go to guy.

As I reflect back on my dad, he was all of the things that I mentioned and much more. What I miss the most as an adult is the friend type of relationship that most child parent relationships grow into. Dad passed when I was just 21, so we never really had that, at least not for long. He was a loving parent to me, one that I loved dearly, but in my adult years I have often yearned for that secure friendship and mentorship, that father figure I could go to for manly advice. While others may have tried to fill that gap and my mom is the very, very best, I still miss my dad.

Perhaps some of you out there also lost a dad young or he was never the dad that you hoped for. maybe he was abusive, absent, etc.

As I get older and grow in my Christian faith I have learned to appreciate another daddy, that is my father in heaven. He is the daddy that I find security in, he is the daddy that welcomes me back when I go astray, he is the one that is always there for me and while I yearn for my earthly father, I know that my heavenly father is there for me in ways my earthly dad, even though he was a great man, could not be.

So I ask you, whoooo's your daddy? Ya maybe you have an earthly father, but do you have a strong relationship with your heavenly father too? How have you invested in it? Who will you go to when the going gets tuff?

2 Corinthians 6:18  (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
18 And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”[a]
1 John 3:1 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

I pray that if you have an earthly daddy, that you have 2 great daddy's present in your life, your earthly one and your heavenly one!!

Josh Groban To Where You Are

Our Father michael w smith

Our Father with Lyrics (Don Moen) - ANFGM 16th Anniversary Collection

Westlife - You Raise Me Up (With Lyrics)


No comments:

Post a Comment