Wednesday 4 September 2013

Do we understand how God works in us?

Do we understand how God works in us? What should a growing christian look like, what should their path look like? Should it be a path filled with prosperity or one with trials that will shape us as a child is shaped under the careful and watchful eye of a parent, which sometimes also includes the parent lovingly disciplining the child.

The following is a good biblical based article on how God uses tribulation to work in us.

Tribulation Worketh

Over the past year I have been guilty of placing too much focus on tribulation in my life, be it from health woes, perceived injustices of others, etc. I have not placed enough focus on allowing God to use these things to work in me. I have not always trusted him as I should, knowing that he has a plan and a purpose and desires to use me to honour his name. At times I have fought back like a child resisting what a parent knows is ultimately better for them.

How are you doing with this? Are you welcoming tribulation knowing that it is God desiring to work in you? Are you seeking your own way out as I have at times or are you crying out to him, for the strength and grace that you will need on your journey? Are you placing your faith in God's resources and plan or in your own resources and plan?

Change My Heart oh God - Hillsong (With Lyrics)

The Potter's Hand (lyrics)- Hillsong

No comments:

Post a Comment