Monday 27 May 2013

Are they cheering us on?

Are they cheering us on? Sometimes I wonder what my loved ones and other Christians who have gone before me are doing in heaven. Are they worshipping God, do they have a view of us? If they do I wonder if they are cheering us on, like a gallery cheers there hero on from hole to hole in a golf game or like a crowd on the sidelines of a marathon cheers on their family member, friend, coworker, etc. You get the picture.

Can you imagine Christians you know and don't know who have passed before you cheering you on, urging you along in life's marathon and then there along with your saviour to welcome you into the kingdom when you finish the race?

While there are many aspects of this life that I would find hard to part with, mostly my wife, kids and those close to me, I long to see my dad again and others who have passed that I dearly loved. I long to meet my Lord and saviour.

Some day I will.

Revelation 21:22-27 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment