Friday 17 May 2013

Whats really required to have a good time?

Its the long weekend, time for a good time!!

The talk is that the LCBO will strike in Ontario closing the liquor stores. This would of course disrupt a lot of long weekenders good times.

So what is required to have a good time anyway. What are the essentials? Is it booze, dope, sex? Can you go to a party without booze and have a good time? It it possible to enjoy a long weekend with limited alcohol? Could that really be possible?

If my reliance is on booze to have a good time, how much depth do I have. Now I am a man who enjoys a drink here in there, but's its never been the determining factor in whether I can have a good time or not. That is more a reflection of who I am and the depth of the relationships I have. That's what is essential to me having a good time. If the centre of my being is happy, I am happy and not reliant  on very superficial things like a drink.

Is the centre of your being happy, what makes or breaks your day? Is whatever you are relying on for your happiness working? Do you have lasting happiness?

Do you have inner peace......that's whats central to a good time.

Matthew 11:28-30 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Come to me / Kari Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment