Sunday 26 May 2013

Saying goodbye

Yesterday we said goodbye to a great man, my uncle Joe. It was a beautiful celebration of life. Joe was genuine and that's what made him special to so many. He loved freely and was loved by many.

I sat thru part of the service, but found it very difficult to keep my emotions in check. With the close calls my wife has had and my own health I would be outright lying if I said I had not thought about how our days might look. It was easy today to visualize my kids saying good bye to me. I don't mind crying in public, but when you feel like you could just sob uncontrollably, well that's another thing.


I listened to the rest of the beautiful service from the foyer. Perhaps you haven't given any thought about how your funeral would look, but I wonder sometimes, especially after Joe's, how I will be remembered. 

What legacy will I leave, what will you leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment