Monday 9 September 2013

Are we handicapping God?

Are we handicapping God, have we put him in chains and shackles by not trusting him with our entire lives. On one hand do we expect great things from him, while on the other hand do we give him the freedom or right of way to do great things?
In my life I have no doubt that many times I have handicapped God by not trusting him to resolve things or to provide, perhaps with an issue at work or perhaps with illness and its impacts in our home, etc. If I am not willing to say its yours Lord and to wait on him and let him do his thing without my tinkering, am I handicapping God? Am I really experiencing what he can do and has planned for me?
Lets say I had a carpenter over and I had him do some work. While I said I thoroughly valued his work and trusted him, if I constantly said well I would do it this way or maybe I even picked up a hammer and did it my way myself, would I truly be putting value in the carpenters work? Did I trust him?

I basically do that in my spiritual life with God, over and over again, while I vow my trust and loyalty, on the other hand I often feel more comfortable doing things my own way. I go ahead and not until I cant find a way, do I come on me knees to God. Why don't I do that first? When I do put my faith and trust in him, I am wowed. This doesn't mean the path is always easy, but I am wowed by his faithfulness and what he has to show me, things that are bigger then what I may think is big or important.

So do I trust him or do I handicap him?

Am I ready to trust him with the big and the small, are you? Or will we continue to handicap our great and all knowing saviour.

Do we have the faith to trust him with all areas of our lives, I mean do we really?

No comments:

Post a Comment