Sunday 26 August 2012

Our Journey as at Aug 26, 2012 (Scott)

Aug 26 update

Our journey over the last year with my cancer and Elizabeth’s health related issues has been difficult to say the least. It has had benefits though such as drawing our little family of 4 together and increasing our faith. The down side is the burden carrying these things can be and the impact it can have on our emotions. I have stru
ggled with my emotions and have recently been diagnosed with being mildly depressed. I am on my maximum prescription for this. The doctor recommended in order, therapy, exercise and possibly switching meds (last resort, he would prefer I be off of them). It’s very hard to feel like exercise when you feel somewhat defeated. Satan of course is persistent and wants me to feel defeated. Recently I have developed a rash, which also can be a symptom of my cancer spreading to the skin. Things we would appreciate prayer for;
- For friend support for Eliz and I, and us together (people to confide in, trust, encourage us, do fun things with etc.)……to journey with us (to help carry each other’s burdens as God intended as opposed to allowing Satan to use them)
- For me as I deal with my depression, that it would be overcome…..that my stubborn battle spirit would return
- For me as I see the doctor about this rash
- That God’s name will be glorified and our faith increased
- Praise for our awesome kids and a God that puts up with our short comings

No comments:

Post a Comment