Sunday 19 August 2012

Which is more accurate, GPS or Holy Spirit?

Aug 19 FB post

GPS, ever get frustrated with yours? Does the voice become irritating? Have you nicknamed yours lovingly or in frustration? If you have named it after your spouse, that could be bad. Elizabeth and I have sometimes relied too much on ours. One time when in Florida we keyed in what we thought was a local Wal-Mart and it took us to a very bare section of land. Other times it has taken us on very indi
rect paths. Recently we have begun checking it against a map to ensure we are being led properly.
Perhaps you are reading this and thinking, man this dude needs a better GPS.

Anyhow I was thinking about this on our recent vacation, I was reminded of a more accurate GPS, God’s Personal Spirit. I was challenged with the fact that I need to take care of my heart, I need to make sure God is first in order to get the most out of my spiritual GPS (the Holy Spirit). Am I doing the things I need to do to nurture my relationship with God and so that I am sensitive and obedient to the Spirits voice. It’s certainly not something I have perfected, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment