Wednesday 16 October 2013

U can run a lot better in just your underpants......

You can run a lot better in just your underpants. No I am not suggesting that you run almost naked, but I am suggesting that one can run better with less weight.

Check out the following verses;

Hebrews 12:1-3 (http://www.biblegateway.com)

New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart
So often in my life I have things weighing me down, things that are preventing me from enjoying God's provisions of peace, grace, strength and that are also preventing me from simply enjoying life. For me its not one 400 pound weight around my neck, its a bunch of 20 pounders, such as failure to be the Christian I wanna be, quilt for the same, busyness, not being the father or spouse I should be, finances, keeping up with the Jones, worry, hurt, and on and on the list goes.
While God promises to provide for my every need, I often don't enjoy the freedom that can be experienced when I leave my worries with him and reduce life to simply pleasing him and letting him be in charge.
Just like there is a freedom when running with less there is a freedom figuratively speaking when we run the race of life with less worry, less guilt, etc, and leave these things in God's hands.
Its part of the lesson I feel God is trying to teach me and yes I fail frequently to trust him and enjoy his provision.
How are you doing with running the race of life? Does it feel like you are running it in rubber boots and water soaked overalls or are you in a sleek running outfit that is free of the extra and unnecessary weights that life can pile on a person?

David S Payne has an excellent book entitled "Run the Amazing Race". Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment