Monday 15 September 2014

Scott - health update Sept 2014

My time flies, its been almost 3 years now since my diagnosis of B cell Follicular Lymphoma. My initial 6 treatments were followed by 8 maintenance treatments over 2 years which was completed in Feb /14. I have now completed my 2nd 3 month check-up since then and all seems well.


While I look forward to more infrequent check ups that may come with time, I have much to be thankful for. While working during this timeframe in what has been a 2nd career that I ventured on in 2010, has had its challenges, I am grateful for God's provision in helping me prove myself and progress in the banking field.


I have continued on my path of emotional healing and learning to trust God in even the smallest of details. I have found that as I age and experience life, my own reserves have depleted and my need to rely on my saviour has increased. God has been showing me what dependence on him can look like in every aspect of my life journey. Relying on him is a beautiful thing and watching him work and provide is an awesome display of his power when I am willing to sit back and say, "it's yours Lord, work in this according to your will".
I am in awe of God's patience as he continues to show me what a relationship with him can look like. In a fast pasted pressure packed world, life can be overwhelming with its pressures. It can seem too much, like a deafening roar, an overwhelming wind or even a storm. In all of this my God stays strong and is my refuge for which I am eternally grateful. He is my ground zero, my point of reference where I need to abide.




Meredith Andrews - Draw Me Nearer
Hillsong - Velocity - HOW GREAT THOU ART
Meredith Andrews - In Your Arms
Westlife - You Raise Me Up




No comments:

Post a Comment