Thursday 5 April 2012

April 5 2012 FB post (Scott)


My personal boxing match
Round 6, the bell has sounded. I am cleared (passed blood work test today) to proceed against chemo in round 6 on April 10. This is the last round currently scheduled for this match (depending on April 23 CT scan). Chemo is a big opponent that throws uppercuts and quick jabs that can result in mood changes, loss of appetite, finger and toe numbness, loss of sleep, anxiety,
nausea, etc. I have a respectful dislike for chemo who hails from the following address, cancerville, sin, hell, postal code #$% &*@. I am fortunate to have God as my coach/armor. He resides in Heaven. I dunno why, but thus far God has chosen to keep the side effects of chemo at bay and has ensured that my blood work has passing grades. Win or lose this match, my next opponent is cancer. He hails from the same area as chemo. I dunno how God will coach me through that or how many rounds the fight will go, but I know he has a greater plan than winning that fight for me, it is to win souls for his kingdom.
Desiring to be a good steward and sometimes failing miserably, Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment