Wednesday 14 August 2013

Mid year report card

It's past mid year now and perhaps time to take stock and conduct a self report card. Perhaps you are one who sets goals at New Years or you have life goals that you tweak annually. How are you doing with your goals at the mid year point?

Many of us have career, home, cottage and mortgage pay down type goals that we prioritise and keep tabs on. They are good to review periodically.

The report card I am speaking of though is on more relational type things such as:

Relationship with spouse
- Do I treat my spouse with respect (or some level of contempt)
- Do I trust her or him
- Do we communicate well
- Is their depth to our communication or is it surface level only
- Do we go on dates
-  How much time do I spend with her or him, is it quality time or left over time?
- Do I treat my partner as though they are important, more so then TV or sports or anything but God

Treatment of kids
- Do I set a good example for them
- Do I respect them
- Do I trust them
-  How much time do I spend with them, is it quality time or left over time?

Relationship with God
- Have I grown in my relationship with God and how?
-  Do I communicate with him more and better?
-  How much time do I spend with him, is it quality time or left over time?
- Do I trust him more?
- Am I more sensitive to the Holy Spirits leading?
- How do we as a couple grade on the above?

How am I doing in these areas? How are you doing? Are we trending in the right direction? Who is leading you in these areas of self improvement, you or your God?

I Surrender - Hillsong Live (Cornerstone New 2012 DVD Album) Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment