Sunday 25 August 2013

Plugging the holes in my leaking boat

Do you ever feel like you are endlessly running around your boat (figuratively speaking) and patching holes to keep your raft (yourself) afloat? Its tiring eh? Actually it can be downright exhausting.

When we seek to control our own lives and maybe even those close to us, it can be a never ending job running around trying to keep everything in order.

God asks us to give control of our lives over to him, but how many of us do? I know I struggle with this? As I get older I seem to have to rely on him more, even for the so called little things. It can be a scary thing surrendering control and crying out in faith and trust, but it is a beautiful thing to see Gods hand at work. 

I just wish I would do it all the time.

How am I doing at allowing God control of my whole life? How are you doing with this?

All i need is You " Kim Walker Jesus Culture

Romans 15:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment