Monday 10 February 2014

God's auto pilot is safe

I was reading a book lately that made a great point of how we humans tend to grip the steering wheel a little tighter when we are not sure of what lay ahead, when we see an obstacle in the road, a narrowing road or a tight curve.




When we come across challenging circumstances in life, God asks us to take our hands right off the steering wheel and to trust him. Can you imagine doing this while driving? Here is the thing though, the auto pilot we have in God is safe and secure and completely trust worthy. He not only asks us to take our hands off the wheel, he wants us to take our eyes off of the road and to look at him too. Wow, how can this be, its so unnatural, it goes against all of our human tendencies.


When we do this though, we experience the peace that passes all understanding. We experience God in all of his glorious wonder and awesomeness.




When is the last time I took my hands off the wheel, my eyes off the road and depended on him (figuratively speaking).




I have hit a few curves in the road, each time it seems that the same lessons present themselves, which are to trust him more and to grow in my faith. Each time I learn more of his goodness.




Walk With Me (feat. Kim Walker-Smith)


Casting Crowns - I Surrender All (All To Jesus)

Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

No comments:

Post a Comment