Thursday 27 February 2014

Scott health update Feb 2014

Hey chemo, ya you ya big putz.
I am not sure how to say good bye to you. Part of me wants to say good riddens, take a hike, never come back, but then I am reminded that God creates all things or at the very least allows all things to be created.

I am grateful that he used you to work in my body, to keep this cancer at bay, but I am not so sure that I will miss our frequent confrontations over the past 2 plus years. While I am grateful for the result I will not miss wrestling with you (the big bear that is chemo). I gratefully say goodbye.

My saviour,
I thank you for your provision; that my kids have not had to see me really physically sick (something we prayed about if it be your will), for the friends and family that you have surrounded me with, for the lessons you have exposed me to during this process, for your encouraging word, your spirit, your love and patience as I have stumbled, sometimes badly....that you indeed are all I need if I would only be more faithful to remember that. Lord, I love you.

My wife and kids,
Thanks so much for your love and patience over the past 2 plus years. You have stood by me as my body and spirit endured the ups and downs of the chemo and cancer process.

My friends and family,
Thanks for your timely words of encouragement and prayers along the way. Thanks too for your love and patience.

Where do we go from here
I will continue to be monitored closely by the Grand River Hospital Cancer Clinic, at first every 3 months as I have been for the past few years and then in longer intervals if all goes well. I would appreciate your prayers for an extended remission if that fits within God's will and purpose to fullfill his goals.

Some favourite songs of mine, click on links;
Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up
Carrie Underwood with Vince Gill How Great thou Art
Kari Jobe - The more I seek you

Some favourite verses of mine;
New International Version (NIV), http://www.biblegateway.com

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things
John 14:14
14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Philippians 4:13
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Hebrews 12:1-2
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God1 Corinthians 9:24
The Need for Self-Discipline
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

 


 

 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment