Sunday 3 March 2013

Loose these chains

What are chains? Chains I think can come in many forms and bind a person, they limit a person from reaching there potential.

Perhaps they are chains, heavy and very strong chains that a person seemingly cannot break free from. Possibly these chains are from complex recipes including hurt, pain, sickness, death, depression, anxiety, lust,.........all stemming from your life's experiences. Or perhaps these chains are money and earthly possessions.

At first these chains may start out as thin strands of string, but through choices and experiences, they become heavy and binding. Perhaps they start out as something some one said that hurt and grow thicker due to a choice that was not proactive. Perhaps they are heavy from the start, due to illness, death or a relationship gone sour.

Regardless, I believe that God wants to loose these chains, he wants to work in and through our individual experiences, he wants us to excel for his honour and glory.

Many times in my life I have been guilty of not fully giving my experiences over to God, of not fully allowing him to flourish, of choosing to stir about in my own mire instead of saying here Lord, make out of this what you will, I am willing to go where you want me to go and learn what you want me to learn. Sometimes my chains have started with a small strand and grown heavy because of a poor choice, because of not choosing to do as Jesus would. I won't bore you with all my chains, you can read some of them in my story and in that of my wife's (see blog pages).

What are your chains, what is God wanting to teach you in the experiences that you may have allowed to bind you, instead of free you?

It may sound funny, but I actually think that freedom comes from a complete surrender to God, not from "the easy life".

Life is hard and Satan uses our experiences to pound on us with no mercy at all.........what is my response though? Is my first response to request Gods help? Sadly it hasnt been. What is yours?

Isaiah 64:8 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
8 Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment