Friday 15 March 2013

Being thankful, but its so much easier to pout.

This evening I started to think about what I am thankful for and it became glaringly obvious that it is so much easier to pout. Its almost automatic for the fingers to generate a typed ramble about what has gone amiss, but the words come much harder when I try to be thankful.

I am grateful that God granted me life, a life I don't deserve and he then planted me in an awesome family in awesome surroundings. He then offered me salvation, again something I didn't deserve. What did I do to gain any of this? Nothing!!
I had a great child hood and was well provided for. I have many great family memories of time spent on the farm, time spent with family and friends and time spent learning about Jesus. I was given every opportunity to learn in school. My parents provided me with strong values and were an excellent example. My career has given me all kinds of exposure, opportunity and the means to provide for a beautiful wife and 2 awesome kids. We have been able to travel and see Gods beautiful creation. God has surrounded us with good people. While he has allowed challenges in our life, for each challenge he has been there with hand outstretched to help us along. These challenges have provided beautiful learning's and a relationship with God and my family that I otherwise would not have.

I have much to be thankful and the best is yet to come, "Eternity". Satan has worked vigorously to keep me from focusing on God's goodness, but when I stop and think, God's goodness has been in abundance.

Dear God, forgive me for forgetting to be thankful, for losing my focus, for not keeping you and your ideals first in my heart. Thanks for all the things listed above that you have given me, thanks for being my rock, my guide and my help. Please continue your work in me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment