Monday 18 March 2013

I need you Lord

Why are you my last resort Lord, after all I should know by experience that you should be my first resort. Am I really any different than the Israelites who praised your name one minute for your provision and looked elsewhere the next to see their needs met. They went from pleading with God to save them, to cursing God, to pleading with God and the theme repeats itself over and over again.

It seems that in my life I take the same winding path that leads me by different shops that say try this, this will help, hey come over here dude, I can help you, all before I get to the end of the road. At the end of the road my God is waiting like the prodigal son's father, with opens arms, ready and willing to forgive me for my mistrust, lack of faith and ready to help.

When I read the bible I can see that I am not alone. King Saul, King David and many other Kings after him simply had to obey God and all would be well. Instead they tried things there own way and it led to disaster after disaster.

Thanks for showing me yet again that trusting in you is the best way.

Ashes Remain - Without You
" All i need is You " Kim Walker Jesus Culture

No comments:

Post a Comment