Tuesday 12 March 2013

Leading the blind

A few times in my life I have crossed paths with blind people. Most recent was today while waiting for my cancer appointment. An older, I might add, a very independent lady, was there. What set her apart was that she was a team. Her and her dog were there. The dog was a beautiful black lab. This lady was blind and completely reliant on and trusting in this well trained dog. She would say elevator and the dog would lead her there. Amazing!!

Perhaps this hits home because my wife is vision impaired and we know how easily she could have been that lady. It makes us very thankful for what vision she has.

Tonight my wife commented on the trust and faith that this lady had in her dog and how we should have this same trust in our God. We too are walking through life blind in a sense. We don't know what obstacle we will bump into or stumble over and like this lady we need to rely on someone who can see.

God sees all things, he knows the path we should take and he wants to take us by the hand and leads us. Too often I am too stubborn, but like this lady I should trust my guide, I should trust my God.

Psalm 48:14 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment