Tuesday 30 October 2012

What am I prepared to do in return......

Many times I wonder what God's plan is, why has he spared me so many times. Do you ever wonder that? I do especially when I hear of people dying in a way that could have easily happened to me, for example by vehicle accident. I have been in 5, all of them fairly serious.
The first was when I was baby and the vehicle was totalled. Back then the vehicles were like tanks so who knows what would have happened in a vehicle made today. The second was on the highway (401) when bringing my older brother home from camp. Again I was a passenger. The 3rd was in public school when in a bus, it hit ice and rolled into the ditch. My buddy and I ran back to the school fearing it was going to blow only to be called out for leaving the scene. The fourth was a multi vehicle accident on the highway (401), this time I was driving and was T-boned, but not at fault. The vehicle was totalled. The last one was when with my family, our van was smashed into when oncoming traffic failed to stop at the light and a vehicle coming from our left hit them. They collided with us while we were obediently stopped. That was $14k damage to a 2 year old van.
So you could say that God has had plenty of opportunities to take me home and this isn't even letting you in on all the dumb things I did as a teen like driving down train tracks with a car. Ya I know really stupid! 
My wife too has had her fair share of close calls and yet has been spared. So why are we left here? On Sunday, the teacher encouraged us to have a mission, to bring honour to Gods name wherever we are, to be a neighbour where ever we are, to encourage where ever we are, to love in all circumstances and to serve.
It really challenged me. I have known people who have been taken who were quite honestly better people than I am. Gods not finished with me here yet. I know for sure that he is not done working on me, cause I got more warts than a wart hog.

So Since Jesus gave his life for me, what am I prepared to do in return? He gave me free choice and so if I with that free choice accepted his free gift of salvation, I gotta think he is hoping I will at least try to serve him.

John 3:16

New International Version (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Samuel 12:24

New International Version (NIV)
But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

Lead Me To The Cross-Hillsong

Kari Jobe - The More I Seek You

He Wants It All ~♥~ Forever Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment