Thursday 11 October 2012

Part 2, Prayer, does God answer prayer?


Part 2, Prayer, does God answer prayer?

In my working career I have changed job several times, in fact 7 times (2 changes were 2 old jobs). Each time I wanted to change there was a period of dissatisfaction. During that time I would look and hunt and apply but to no avail. Typically it was only when my own methods were exhausted and my will surrendered to God did opportunity come calling. God knows what`s best for us and he has a plan.

Mathew 6:25-27 NIV

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Early in our married life, my wife and I desired kids only to be told we likely could not. After this to our delight my wife did conceive only to miscarry a few months later. We were heart broken. We cried out to God and exhausted all of our options. Only when we said here Lord, what shall we do, should we adopt (something inside didn’t feel right at that time), are we not to have kids, did God choose to answer our prayer by allowing us to conceive again. We have a beautiful boy, and a beautiful girl. That may not be the way it works for everyone, but through this and other events in our lives we have learned to lean on God. Still though it is embarrassing to say how many times we deviate and trust in ourselves or in the world’s provisions.

New International Version (NIV)

 Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment