Tuesday 2 October 2012

Being open and honest

Oct 2
I started a new position at head office, one that will allow me more flexibility as I heal emotionally.

Tonight we went out with friends and had a great time of sharing each others highlights and challenges...........we discussed why it is that we Christians are not more open and willing to lean on each other. We agreed that many times non Christians are more open and more friendly. Why is that...does Satan medal in our lives that much. Does he make the important unimportant.

I am challenged ever more to be real and for my faith to be real even in the midst of my hurt.

My wife and I have chosen to be open with our kids concerning our health and things we face, but in a kid friendly way. I am always amazed at how much they understand. My son will comment, so how is your cancer dad, or it must of been hard when your dad died or I need mommy to stay healthy till I am grown up. It has created open communication and they have been a pillar of strength to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment