Tuesday 16 October 2012

What does it feel like to struggle emotionally

What does it feel like to struggle emotionally, well it is very, very frustrating and painful. It can effect everything I do. Everything can feel like work, sometimes I have to force myself to do things. It feels sometimes like walking down a dark hallway and the hall keeps getting narrower and narrower. Everyone and everything is against me. It can take very little to set emotions off into a spiral. Some days are fine, other days are rough. Often times these emotions can be well hidden. Michael Landsberg from a sports show called "Off the record" has shared his story "Happy on the Outside" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWIRGrrX9t8). I know this has been me too, happy on the outside. I have a decent sense of humour and have sometimes been able to mask how I really feel.
Circumstances in the past have required me to suck it up, unknowingly I wasn't taking care of myself. Now like Michael I see a phyciatrist to help me understand and communicate my feelings, to help me get better.

Perhaps this can encourage someone with similar struggles to get help.........

No comments:

Post a Comment