Sunday 20 January 2013

Are you lonely?

Are you lonely?

Loneliness, we often view it as an issue for a person who is alone, like for a widow, widower or a single person. Surely though it could not be someone who seemingly has it all, someone who has people around them, someone who has the means to buy people and happiness.

Could it be that many people feel alone when they physically are not? Could it be that many crave the kind of acceptance that famous movie star Jody Foster spoke of in her recent award acceptance speech? While her speech seemed to be about a lifestyle choice, it is the part about her loneliness and craving for acceptance that stood out to me.

Jodie Foster's Confession (No, Not That One) Made Her My Hero

We all have our own set of experiences as I am sure Jody does, experiences that have shaped us and left us with feelings, perhaps of joy, happiness, frustration, anger, pain or loneliness. I can identify with Jody's statement about wanting to feel accepted. My life experiences have left me feeling different, alone and separated at times. We all have our own experiences that leave us feeling very unique. Perhaps you feel alone because no one understands your job at work, your role as a homemaker or what you have been through.
Are we willing to empathize with others to close that gap? Are we willing to carry each others burdens?

http://www.biblegateway.com
Deuteronomy 31:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Psalm 40:1-3
New International Version (NIV)
1 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord  and put their trust in him.
Galatians 6:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 Carry each other’s burdens,fulfill the law of Christ.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment