Saturday 19 January 2013

Sorry Lord, but I will do my own thing....

Is this what our actions say.....

Sorry Lord, but I will do my own thing. I mean thanks for dying on the cross for me, thanks for the gift of eternity, thanks for all you wanna do for me, but I am good thanks. Things are going well and I have my own plans.

On second thought I will accept your gift, cause I kinda wanna know where I will be in eternity, but that's all I need from you. Things are going well and I have my own plans. I kinda like keeping one foot in both worlds.

I don't know where you are in your life, but I know while in the past I have not said the above to my Lord and Saviour, my actions at times have said it loud and clear.

One of the blessings of hardship is that when you are brought to your knees, you experience a reliance on God that is simply beautiful. For me it sadly disappears as soon as things start going better. Self reliance sets in and away I go rowing my own boat gently down the stream. When rough waters appear and I am again brought to my knees, I again experience that beautiful relationship between God and me.

So why don't I resolve to be totally surrendered so that I can experience that beautiful relationship day in and day out. Well, I am human and if I have any comfort it is in the fact that the biblical characters were no different. They too experienced great times of peace and joy as they experienced God and at other times God allowed them to stray and do their own thing only to be brought back into a stronger relationship with him. And so it goes in life, while we go through so called spiritual highs and lows, we should always strive to have a great relationship with the God who died for us.

Our actions should make that statement instead of "Sorry Lord, but I will do my own thing".

We should seek him.

Jeremiah 29:13 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Kari Jobe - The more I seek you

No comments:

Post a Comment