Thursday 28 February 2013

Am I ready for his coming? Mark 13

Am I ready, are you? Do I look forward to his coming or am I so attached to this current world and what it offers that I pay little attention to my Lords returning?

If a man or a women is waiting for their spouse to return after an absence, if a person is seeing a friend for the 1st time in a long time, they make sure to present well. May be the house is tidied. Maybe a nice outfit is put on. How will I present when my Lord returns?

Do I love him with all my heart? Will I live and act as though his return for me could be at any time?

Mark 13:5-8, 32-37 (http://www.biblegateway.com)
New International Version (NIV)
5 Jesus said to them: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 6 Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many. 7 When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.
The Day and Hour Unknown
32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert[e]! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment