Sunday 10 February 2013

You idiots....

I always find it kind of silly when people at sporting events go on about the refereeing or the play of their team. Some people can get quite animated and angry to the point where they call the players idiots or worse, if the player makes a miscue.

We are all on a team, either as Christians or not. I wonder what God thinks sometimes of my play. What does he think of your play? Does my play look as if I am a God dependant person, one in tune with the holy spirit or is it such that Jesus should be exclaiming you idiot. I wonder if he is thinking, here I am (God), ready and willing to empower you to be great and all I get is to I watch you floundering around day after day and year after year, stooping into a self indulgent life.

God likely has every right to call many of us idiots.

Thankfully he doesn't, he continues to forgive and show mercy, the same mercy we should show whether at a sporting event or elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment