Friday 8 February 2013

a partnership

What is a good partnership any way? In the workforce I have some experiences with ones gone sour. I worked at a place, when all of a sudden one day the one owner fired the other one. That was tense, it was just a small shop.
The 3  that I have been associated with all started great and went sour, for reasons of work ethic, money, etc.

A marriage is a partnership, it can be beautiful when you are functioning in harmony and challenging at other times. Like the work relationships described above, many things can play havoc in the partnership, things like: how she or he spends money, he just sits around watching TV, she gripes all the time, differences in personality, health, he plays too many sports, he works too much, different parenting practises, intimacy, difference in love language and on and on. Life can be hard, marriage can be too.

Like so many good things, marriage takes work, sometimes hard work, but it is a beautiful thing to know that you have a partner that has your back, someone that you can trust, someone that you can rely on, someone that you can build a life with.

My beautiful wife and I have had many rich experiences, both good and very hard. After years of being the caregiver, I was diagnosed with cancer and the caregiver role changed. It was a hard change. We are wired differently and respond differently. "Our Normal changed"". I don't respond as my wife does and she doesn't respond as I do. I am a muller, she is verbal. I don't always know what to do with her verbal expressions and she doesn't always know what to do with my internalising. The experience is teaching us to appreciate each other in a new light and under different circumstances for the strengths we each bring to the table. Due mostly to health issues we have had to work through 13 years of marriage and raising 2 young kids, while having a lot of stresses pulling at us. Sometimes it feels very draining, sometimes its easy to point fingers, but then I am reminded of the beautiful partnership we have, the things we have fought through together and become stronger for it and I know I wouldn't want anyone else to have my back.

Sometimes it may seem easy to pull out of a partnership, but is rebuilding, starting over, going through all of the same learning's you already have been through, something that ya really wanna do?

Marriage is symbolic......as Christians we are part of the greatest partnership, we are Christ's bride. As Christ serves the church we should serve our partners. We should put them before us. Its not always easy but are all the challenges inherit with opting out easier?

Ephesians 5:25

New International Version (NIV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

No comments:

Post a Comment