Monday 15 April 2013

How do I fit, where do I fit?

Have you ever wondered what your purpose is or what is the purpose of what you are experiencing?

I have, many times. Many times I have reflected and thought of my life as a puzzle piece. God seems to want to take me as a puzzle piece and in his perfect timing fit me and my experiences where they most honour him.

He has changed the shape of my puzzle piece many times. Due to my experiences my puzzle piece fits if you will or relates to others who have experienced such things as health crisis, losing a parent at a young age, marital breakups, financial woes, being a widow (my mom), etc. Would I understand these things or relate to them otherwise, "NO"!

My children are having there puzzle pieces shaped, perhaps they would say they fit with or relate to kids whose parents have suffered from illness.

I don't always like my puzzle piece and I don't always care to fit figuratively speaking as that last piece required to complete the puzzle, or even the first piece to start it. Do I always want to use my experiences for my saviours glory, "NO"! Do I sometimes wish I could take myself away and start as a brand new piece free from the baggage I have accumulated "YES".

The beauty of it all is that God is in control and the more I am willing to let him shape my piece and place me, as opposed to resist it, the more fulfilling my Christian walk is. God wants to shape and mold each of us and make us into a beautiful and colourful work. It hurts at times and its ok to hurt.

Am I willing, are you? Will I choose to interact and fit with the opportunities that God presents me today or will I pass them by? Will I lend a helping hand, offer a word of encouragement or am I keeping my puzzle piece entirely to myself? Am I an island or an integral part of a larger body/purpose?

Perhaps you are being shaped by a trial right now that seems too much to bear, he will use it if you are willing.

I SURRENDER ALL _ Michael W.Smith

All to Jesus I surrender

No comments:

Post a Comment