Monday 31 December 2012

Are ya whooped?? (Matthew 11:28-30)

Are you tired, tired of trying to do the right thing, tired of feeling guilty for not doing the right thing?
Are you like me sometimes, churning and churning instead of allowing God to work through you? God wants us to work hard for him, there are many supporting scriptures for that, but sometimes we do so and forget who is or should be steering the ship, we don't allow him control, we don't allow him to guide our steps. There is a big difference between doing our best for God and allowing him to do great things through a surrendered heart & soul.  I am really not sure that we know what that is like to experience on a consistence basis, simply because we have too much.

Do I/we beat to our own drum or to Gods, are we attuned to his gentle guiding voice.
 
Matthew 11:28-30
The Message (MSG)
28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Hillsong United - You Are My Strength

Kari Jobe - The more I seek you

Meredith Andrews - In Your Arms

No comments:

Post a Comment