Tuesday 18 December 2012

How did I get here?

How did this become my new normal? How did I get here? I didn't ask for this?

Have you ever asked yourself these questions?

Have you ever felt like you we're all of a sudden thrust into an experience that you know is real, yet it seems so dream like too? In some cases it may seem like a nightmare.

I will go for another chemo treatment this week and even though it has been a year now since my diagnosis, it still does not seem real. It still sometimes feels like the fog will lift and all will be normal. It is real though, when I go to the cancer clinic and see young and old with their varying types of cancer, some like me are not visibly ill and others are very sick, then the realness sets in. My heart aches for those experiencing health woes and even more for those who have not put their faith in Christ.

None of us know our future, none of us know what's in store, none of us can control uncertainty so we strive to live in the present making the most out of today. It's no easy task!

We strive to leave what we can't control in the hands of the one who has control.

It's the only way. Gods got our back!

Hebrews 13:5b
New International Version (NIV)
“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Psalm 112:8
New International Version (NIV)
Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment