Friday 28 December 2012

Whats on your bucket list for 2013?

Many new years have come and gone for me. I have never been big on the whole new years resolution thing, oh but I have half heartedly tried a few things like loosing weight etc, none that have really stuck though.

As I get older, my view of things in general is different. Perhaps I view things through my experiences more, perhaps I view things more as a response to what I see in society. You could say that I see a greater urgency in general, to make sure I leave my kids with a good example, to make sure I am a Christian example to those around me. Its so hard to do though.

Since I received Jesus as my Savior, I am a licensed evangelist, no excuses NONE. My serial number says Christian. What am I doing to make sure the vehicle, "ME" is exuding Gods love? What am I doing to make sure that there is not muck and filth covering my ``Christian`` serial number? Is that number stamped some where deep with in me, such that it is difficult to find or is it stamped all over my being, in how I behave, in what I do? Am I proud of it or ashamed of my relationship with Jesus? Is it obvious that I am a Christian or is my Christianity simply fire insurance so that I can go to heaven?

In this past year it is mind boggling how much death, sickness and corruption there is, both in the small world around me and in the "world". I have never had a year where there has been so much death and sickness in the small circles around me.

What happened recently in Newtown is just one example of our sin cursed world.

How am I choosing to be different, to make a difference for the sake of eternity? What will I do different in 2013, what will you do different? Will I be inward focused or will I be outward focused?

For me, 2012 is a year I would prefer to leave far, far in the past, learn from it and move on.

Whats on our Christian bucket list for 2013? Will we shout out his name from the roof top that we are his or will I hide it under a bushel.

Matthew 5:15
New International Version (NIV)
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house

This Little Light Of Mine
Jesus Culture - You Are My Passion

Jesus Culture - Rooftops

Jesus Culture - Light of Your Face








1 comment:

  1. Very nicely written, very well said, I'm so very proud of you and all you've come through and continue to go through. And you say I'm determined...huh, you've got me beat. Love you

    ReplyDelete