Thursday 20 December 2012

What is loss? What is hope?

Loss can be experienced in so many ways. It can be loss of things hoped for, loss of friendship, loss due to death, loss of a job, loss of dignity, respect or reputation.

In many senses we don't control loss, but we sure do experience it. My experience has been that loss is an awfully hard thing to manage. It can accumulate. It can be very personal. It can be hard for others to understand. Just when I think I have loss managed, it nips at my heals.

Hope can be experienced in so many ways and yet why is it that when I try to list what I hope for or what my joys are, my losses are far more prominent in my mind?

Jeremiah 29:11
New International Version (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Aaron Shust - My Hope Is In You With Lyrics

How He Loves (song by Kim Walker)

Aaron Shust Take Over

 

No comments:

Post a Comment