Sunday 2 December 2012

I aint know know nuttin (nothing)

This is one of my cute little girls sayings "I aint know know nuttin".

Over the last while I have been thinking about our "information age" and how information is so readily available at my finger tips. I don't need to have the knowledge of my parents or grandparents. If I struggle at math, there are plenty of formula's and helps on the Internet, if I can't remember where a verse is found I can google it. Answers can be found to many of our questions.

We are in the information age, if we have parenting questions, we find a book, or google it.

I wonder sometimes if because of all this information out there, how readily we rely on our own God given intuition, strengths and abilities. Have we lost some of our self reliance and self respect?

Society would suggest that to be brilliant we need a super duper education. Education is great, information is great, but have we gone to far? Have we forgotten that God created us unique, special and with abilities. We are not just born an empty shell that needs to be filled.

Perhaps we need not panic when we we have a question, perhaps we need not always rely on what someone else thinks, perhaps we are wiser and smarter than we think!

As Christians we also have the Holy Spirit, an internal guide that will direct us.

So perhaps to a greater degree we should respect ourselves and how God wired us, not that we shouldn't take advantage of the information age, but that we remember and trust the abilities with in us.

God made us all special and wired us for a purpose.

So lets turn "I aint know know nuttin" into hey I know that!

Genesis 1:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Psalm 139:13-14
New International Version (NIV)
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

1 Peter 4:10-11
New International Version (NIV)
10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Deuteronomy 8:18
New International Version (NIV)
18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment