Saturday 22 December 2012

Change, it can SUCK, it can really SUCK!

Change is a funny thing, it's one of those things we can look forward to with great anticipation or it can be one we can dread. It can give and it can rob.

Change can be something planned or something that comes upon us as a pleasant suprise. It can also be painful and come upon us like a wave so high, that it feels like it will engulf us and overcome us. The latter may feel like a change we don't know how we will ever be able to accept and overcome.
Change can come in the form of blessings, but change can also come in the form of hardship. It's probably good that we get a steady diet of both, but sometimes it feels like we could do without the hard type of change, the unwanted type. Earlier this year I found change hard in my life, actually I still do. Change for me has felt like wave after wave of unwanted change, with what has felt like a few small waves in between where I could catch my breath. I remember going on a missions trip to Peurto Rico when I was 17 and in our spare time we would body surf in the ocean. It was a blast. The waves were gigantic and it was a relief when smaller ones came along, a chance to get our breath! Such is change. At one point this year it was explained to me what change can be like, I felt like screaming back, I KNOW WHAT CHANGE IS, I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SUBJECT. LOTS!!! GRRRRR

The thing about change is, we are encouraged to give thanks in all things, this means for the good and the bad.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
New International Version (NIV)
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

But if you are like me, you may ask, but how Lord, how can I be thankful, how will I get through this? When will we see and understand what you were and are trying to do in our lives?

Romans 8:28 says
New International Version (NIV)
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

In the thick of change and hardship is where our faith is tested, but oh it does not make it any easier, change can still be excruitatingly painful. Sometimes accepting change and getting through it is where we have to "Let Go and Let God". It's easier said than done, believe me I know.

Jeremiah 29:11
New International Version (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


" All i need is You " Kim Walker Jesus Culture

Indescribable - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment