Monday 24 December 2012

Look at me, "I helped someone" (Mathew 6:1-4)

The world has so many needy people, hurting people, poor, sick and desperately needy people.
I know I have been blessed with what I have, I think about what I want and then I think about those in need and how selfish I am being. What would the world really look like if its wealth was shared?

Many people do help, celebrities give millions, but how many of us help out of a genuine heart that doesn't require any publicity, how many of us are content with simply helping out of a servants heart?

Gods word clearly encourages us to help the needy, but it also encourages us to do it with a certain attitude.

Matthew 6:1-4
New International Version (NIV)
Giving to the Needy
 “Be careful not to practise your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honoured by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

My wife and I have been truly blessed with close friends this year who took care of house care type tasks with out wanting anything in return, who were there for us when we were on our knees, not ready to preach at us, but willing to listen.

These people have a habit of helping people, without wanting anything in return. These people are great people who give out of a generous spirit.

Mirielle Enriquez - People Need The Lord

All the Lonely People by The Beatles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment