Wednesday 26 December 2012

No worries, be Happy (Matthew 6:25-34)

I often catch myself concerned with my future and that of my wife's and my kids. What will happen to our kids if my cancer is the end of me, if my wife has another bacterial infection. The bible is pretty blunt with what it has to say I should do with worry, but my experience is that it is way, way easier said then done. Sometimes I feel like I am walking on a very narrow balance beam and if I am not highly dependant and focused on God, I will fall off. For much of my life I have been able to depend at least somewhat on my own abilities, on my own devices, but when it seems all has been taken from you and God is your only safety net, straying from that dependence on him is like falling off a balance beem with your legs apart.......It can be very, very, painful!!
 
Matthew 6:25-34
New International Version (NIV)
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Bob Marley-Don't worry be happy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment